Thoughts on Assignments

I am very excited for the readings and the opportunity to write our own stories! It has been a long time since I have been able to do creative writing for a class. Having grown up hearing some stories about the Hindu gods, and being very intrigued by their unique personalities, I can't wait to learn more about them and the tales that have been woven around them. This class is structured very differently than most I have ever taken, because it focuses on the act of learning and exploring material rather than memorizing and regurgitating information. I like the fact that we can pace ourselves individually and fit the coursework into our own schedules.

For extra credit I definitely want to take a walk along the wikipedia trails. I really enjoy exploring topics and doing research, and seeing where I can go on a research journey sounds like a lot of fun. I think it will also be very eye-opening in helping me find connections between things I may never otherwise have considered to be related.


Pencils ready to write stories! Source: Flickr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Writer in Tights

Week 7 Story: Draupadi and Iatha